Cows grazing in the woods.
I thought they were deer at first. Nope. Cows. Standing in the woods.
That must be a pain to get them back out to the open field.
Hmm, not sure what to share. Le’see …
- I’m a pescetarian (somebody who will include fish in their diet but exclude other meats). Usually I tell people I’m vegetarian to cut down on explanation, but it’s not true. Eggs and dairy also remain fair game.
- I lived in New Zealand for six months, but I never got ‘round to going to Australia and I’m still regretting it. It’s a long flight (and that’s an understatement).
- I love cats, grew up around them, had seven at one time—but I am allergic and SAD about it.
- I also love rodents. I’ve had several hamsters and rats over the years, and am not allergic to them at all.
- My first foray into the world of online fandom was through Labyrinth fanfiction back in the late 90s. I still read it sometimes, but I feel a bit wrong when I do. Most of the fandom I’m into makes me feel a bit wrong, to be honest.
- I have my Bachelor’s in English, but I work in Epidemiology. Epidemiologists do not study skin; dermatologists do study skin (some people realize this right off, but most people need to be told).
- The bunny thing. My friend John gave me this nickname in college because I eat too many vegetables (but also fish, dammit!) and I make a noise like a dying rabbit when people scare or annoy me. AND at the time I had ridiculously long blond hair that I could wear like Sailor Moon, whose nickname (Usagi-chan or Usako) is also Bunny. I do like bunnies, but I don’t think I’d want one as a pet.
- I love plants, but I tend to kill them. Even bamboo, which is supposed to be near-impossible to kill. Killed it. Murderer of plants. BUT I’m going to try again this summer!
- I hate the phone. It scares the crap out of me when somebody actually calls. I will let that son of a bitch ring forever and ever if I don’t immediately recognize the number. And when I do recognize the number I tend to feel vaguely resentful towards friends or acquaintances who make my blood pressure sky-rocket.
- Going back to pets, I love hedgehogs. I found one in the middle of the road while I was driving through the hills in New Zealand, picked it up with my bandana (because it was all spiky and upset), and carried it to the side of the road it seemed to be facing (it was rolled up in a ball, so who knows). I’ve wanted one as a pet ever since, but I can’t stand the idea of it dying in my care, which it would inevitably do unless it were an amazing immortal hedgehog. Thus, no hedgepiggies for me.
I require tequila and triple sec and frozen limeade.
(… and mas tequila!)
Stephen’s referring to Pres. Obama laughing at one of Seth Meyers’ jokes about Osama bin Laden’s hiding place during the White House Correspondents Dinner on Saturday night.
Clip from The Colbert Report: http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/383355/may-02-2011/carefree-pre-9-11-world
Seth Meyers’ set at the WHCD: http://youtu.be/7YGITlxfT6s